After an encounter with a neck-biter, a publishing executive thinks that he's turning into a vampire.
- Starring: Nicolas Cage, Maria Conchita Alonso, Jennifer Beals
- Director(s): Robert Bierman
- Producer(s): John Daly, Derek Gibson, Barry Shils, Barbara Zitwer
- Screenwriter(s): Joseph Minion
- Distributor: Hemdale Film Corporation
- Animal Coordinator: Not Monitored
- Release Date: Friday, June 02, 1989
- Rating: Unacceptable
Featured Animal Action
The following AHA film review was compiled from archival information and documentation and may not reflect AHA’s current criteria for animal action review and rating procedures.
Star Nicolas Cage admitted in print that he ate two live cockroaches during the filming of Vampire’s Kiss, earning the movie an Unacceptable rating from AHA.
The ongoing expansion of the AHA Guidelines for the Safe Use of Animals in Filmed Media has raised the standard of care for animal actors worldwide. In addition, technological advancements have created safe alternatives to risky action, enabling filmmakers to maintain their creative vision without compromising the welfare of animal actors. AHA continues to be a vigilant watchdog for animals in film and television and acknowledges the groundbreaking history of this program while expanding and refining procedures to reflect increased knowledge and new challenges.