It's Halloween in a small mid-west town, and some old folk are sitting around reminiscing about the famous Orson Welles radio broadcast that tricked so many people into believing that Martians had invaded Earth. Meanwhile, in another part of town, a space ship crash lands in the barn of a poor old farmer. The farmer and his faithful dog Jim observe the strange invaders who behave more like the Keystone Cops. The Martians need to repair their ship and find their way into town. There are some comical moments when they easily mingle with trick or treaters and make friends with some young children.
- Starring: Douglas Barr and Royal Dano
- Director(s): Patrick Read Johnson
- Producer(s): Anna Karin Productions
- Screenwriter(s): Patrick Read Johnson, Scott Lawrence Alexander
- Distributor: Buena Vista Pictures
- Release Date: Wednesday, March 21, 1990
Featured Animal Action
The animal action is basic. The farmer has a very close relationship with his dog who is a true companion. When the space ship finally takes off, the whole barn explodes and it's assumed the dog was lost in the explosion, but he reappears later. The dog was not in the barn when the explosion was filmed.