Public Enemies is the story about, Kate "Ma" Barker, and her four notorious sons. It follows Ma's life from her early years as a teen when she runs away from a sexually abusive father, through her years as a moon shiner in the hills of Missouri, to her later years of crime with her sons.
- Starring: Theresa Russell
- Director(s): Mark L. Lester
- Producer(s): Bloody Barkers Productions
- Screenwriter(s): C. Courtney Joyner
- Distributor: Trimark Pictures
- Animal Coordinator: Unknown
- Release Date: Thursday, January 11, 1996
- Rating: Acceptable
Featured Animal Action
Animal action is consists of a horse and a dog. There is a scene where the sheriff finds Ma's still. He follows Ma on horseback, shooting at her as she disappears into the dense woods. His horse rears. For this scene a trained rearing horse, was used. To protect the horse, cotton was put in his ears and quarter loads were used. The dog is merely seen being walked on a leash.