Wait Until Spring, Bandini
Set in 1928, this is the poignant story of an Italian immigrant family, their struggles, and relationships as seen from the point of view of 12 year old Arturo. They are extremely poor, behind in the rent, and jobs are hard to find. When the father goes to a wealthy widow's home to do a repair job, the widow finds him very attractive. She offers him more work and they begin an affair that all but destroys his wife and family.
- Starring: Faye Dunaway, Joe Mantegna
- Director(s): Dominique Deruddere
- Producer(s): Christian Charret, Fred Roos, Francic Ford Coppola
- Screenwriter(s): Dominique Deruddere
- Distributor: Orion Classics
- Release Date: Wednesday, December 06, 1989
- Rating: Acceptable
Featured Animal Action
The family have little enough to eat, but when Arturo befriends a stray dog, he feeds the dog his breakfast. Arturo names him Jumbo and begs his mother to let him keep the dog.