Slammin' Salmon, The
Cleon Salmon (Michael Clarke Duncan), the former heavyweight champion of the world, needs to quickly come up with a large sum of money to repay a debt. Cleon challenges the waiters in the restaurant he owns to sell more food than they've ever sold in their lives.
- Starring: Michael Clarke Duncan, Jeff Chase and Kevin Heffernan
- Director(s): Kevin Heffernan
- Producer(s): Julia Dray
- Screenwriter(s): Jay Chandrasekhar, Kevin Heffernan, Steve Lemme and Paul Soter
- Distributor: Anchor Bay Films
- Animal Coordinator: Animals of Distinction
- Release Date: Friday, December 11, 2009
Featured Animal Action
A man leads a horse by a rope into a dining room while another man rides the horse. The rider dismounts and remounts. The well-rehearsed actor mounted and dismounted the horse with the help of a stepstool (which was digitally removed in post-production). The doors to the set were double-wide and about 12 feet high to give the horse plenty of room. The horse's trainer doubled as the actor who led the horse. The grounds were checked for hazards ahead of time.
Production provided documentation for the animatronic swordfish and for the fish and lobster served in the restaurant.
An aquatic supply company provided and maintained the aquarium on the restaurant set.
Due to limited resources or scheduling conflicts, American Humane did not monitor some of the horse action or any of the cat action.