James Clayton (Colin Farrell) is one of the top prospects in the new crop of CIA recruits. His intelligence and unconventional attitude attract the attention of veteran Walter Burke (Al Pacino). Burke helps him get through the Agency's difficult training courses and to quickly rise through the ranks. Clayton is given a special assignment, to find a mole that has infiltrated the Agency, but finds out much more.
- Starring: Al Pacino and Colin Farrell
- Director(s): Roger Donaldson
- Producer(s): Spyglass Entertainment
- Screenwriter(s): Roger Towne, Kurt Wimmer
- Distributor: Touchstone Pictures
- Animal Coordinator: Break of Dawn Animal Talents
- Release Date: Friday, January 31, 2003
Featured Animal Action
Two Golden Retrievers, a Yellow Lab and a Chocolate Lab were up for the role of canine covert operative. They all practiced ahead of time and when they auditioned for the director, Soldier, the Chocolate Lab won the part. For his big scene, the dog walked alongside the character on the sidewalk, although the owner of the dog doubled for the actor in this scene. James walks up to the dog, pets it, and plants a tiny paper microphone under the canine's collar. The dog received an edible treat for his patience and perfect performance.