The true story about the rise and fall of heavyweight boxer Chuck Wepner.
- Starring: Adam Driver, Golshifteh Farahani
- Director(s): Philippe Falardeau
- Producer(s): Christa Campbell, Lati Grobman, Carl Hampe, Liev
- Screenwriter(s): Jeff Feuerzeig, Jerry Stahl, Michael Cristofer, Live Schreiber
- Distributor: IFC Films
- Animal Coordinator: A Grizzly Experience
- Release Date: Friday, April 28, 2017
- Rating: Oustanding
Featured Animal Action
In the scene where a boxer fights a bear in a boxing ring, green screens were placed in the background of the bear and the trainer. The crowd of people watching the fight will be added in with a merge of shots in post-production. Production planned this scene for a long time with safety in mind. The trainer doubled for the actor in rehearsals. A veterinarian was on set all day, trained and certified with a tranquilizer gun. The day of the scene the trainers brought the boxer onto the set and led him into the ring. The trainers placed an apple box in the ring and directed the bear to stand on it, which the bear was a trained behavior. On action, the trainer (dressed like the lead actor) circled the bear, acting like they were about to box. The trainer also used a baited stick with a marshmallow attached to it to get the bear to turn and growl. They got various shots of the bear circling and being annoyed. Then they filmed the main actor separately. The rest was cut together in post-production.