Big Bad John
A retired Louisiana sheriff is pursuaded to don the badge once more to search for a young women who has been kidnapped by an accused killer. He learns that the woman is really his daughter, a secret kept for twenty years. Joining him in his search are his old friend Jake and his faithful dog "Catfish". None of them know that the kidnapping is actually an elopement and that the villan wants the young couple dead as part of an inheritance scheme.
- Starring: Jimmy Dean and Jack Elam
- Director(s): Burt Kennedy
- Producer(s): Red River Film Company
- Screenwriter(s): Joseph Berry, Burt Kennedy
- Animal Coordinator: Unknown
- Release Date: Thursday, January 04, 1990
Featured Animal Action
"Catfish" is a delightful performer and has an extensive repertoire of tricks. He can bring in a newspaper or cast off a boat. When he attacks the villan, he is actually just playing a game. Swamp creatures such as flamingos and a turtle create a colorful atmosphere. Rats are seen briefly in a coal mine scene.